Are you on the lookout for a top-quality hedge trimmer? We hear you. Nothing beats a trusty hedge trimmer when you wish to trim hedges or solitary shrubs. This gardening tool is the perfect addition to help you keep your garden looking sharp. As you evaluate your options and help you in the right direction, we’ll be telling you all about the popular Ego hedge trimmer.
If you consider yourself an avid gardener or wish to become one, a hedge trimmer should become part of your gardening equipment, but you don’t want just any hedge trimmer; you should aim your search to the top brands. Whether you are new to the hedge trimmers world or are looking to replace your old one if you are looking to get a quality tool you know your garden deserves, you may want to invest in a brand that’s well backed up.
Putting your money in names like Ego and doing your research is the right move; after all, you do not want to get into trimming and shaping hedgerows or pruning perennials unprepared. Ego is considered to be among the top five brands on the market. Continue reading and learn what you need to know about the Ego hedge trimmer and more options that will undoubtedly provide excellent results.
Ego Hedge Trimmer FAQs
Why choose an EGO hedge trimmer?
The EGO Multi-Head Attachment System offers plenty of power and ease of use. It’s nearly foolproof and has the necessary attachments to accomplish the most pruning, cleaning, and trimming tasks. EGO now has one of the most robust multi-head cordless systems on the market today.
Does EGO make a pole hedge trimmer?
The EGO 10″ Pole Saw Attachment and Power Head are part of the EGO Multi-Head System. The 10″ pole saw provides efficient cutting and limbing. In contrast, the automatic lubrication system lets you work until the job is done.
Are all EGO heads interchangeable?
The PowerHead is the heart of your EGO POWER+ Multi-Head System. Compatible with all EGO POWER+ ARC Lithium™ batteries (available separately) to deliver Power Beyond Belief™.
Are all EGO tools interchangeable?
All EGO ARC Lithium™ batteries are compatible with all our tools and chargers, and some jobs need more power than others. This chart tells you which battery is best for your tool and helps you choose a second battery, so you have infinite run time.
Does the EGO trimmer have attachments?
The EGO 15″ String Trimmer attachment is part of the EGO POWER+ Multi-Head System. EGO attachments are designed specifically for your EGO POWER+ Power Head (PH1400) and offer the highest quality and performance.
Which EGO trimmer is the best?
Experts recommend the Ego ST1511T Power+ String Trimmer with Power load as their top pick.
How long does the EGO hedge trimmer battery last?
A 4.0Ah battery will power a cordless hedge trimmer for up to 120 minutes.
How much does the ego hedge trimmer weigh with battery?
12.13 Pounds. EGO Power+ 24-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer – 2.0Ah Battery and Charger Kit.
What to know before buying a quality hedge trimmer?
- Gas-powered hedge trimmers: These tough tools, which generally require oil and gas to run correctly, tend to work harder than their electric counterparts.
- Electric-powered hedge trimmers: While they don’t provide quite as much oomph as gas-juiced models, electric trimmers are usually lighter, making them easier to wield at chest height or higher.
- Electric hedge trimmers have an amperage (amps) measurement that indicates the amount of energy flowing through the electric engine.
- Battery-powered hedge trimmers typically have a voltage rating associated with the power stored and produced by the battery.
- Gas hedge trimmers use cubic centimeters (ccs) to describe the engine’s power. The higher the number of ccs, the more influential the engine. Typically, gas hedge trimmer engines range from 21 to 25 ccs.
- Eighteen inches or smaller is an appropriate blade size for small hedges, weeds, and shrubs common in residential gardens.
- 19- to 30-inch blades are ideal for the average user. They can take on large bushes, manage full-size hedges, and trim smaller tree branches.
- 30-inch and larger blades typically fall into the commercial and professional category. These blades regularly maintain large established trees, hedges, bushes, shrubs, and other vegetation.
- The fuel capacity refers to the amount of fuel that a gas power hedge trimmer can hold in the fuel tank. The Capacity is typically used to determine how long the trimmer can operate on a single gas tank.
- The average gas-powered hedge trimmer has a tank capacity of 10 to 16 ounces.
- Most slice through branches up to ½ inch thick, while more powerful models can usually handle up to an inch in diameter.
- Most residential trimmers have a gap of between ⅜ and ¾ of an inch that’s suitable for leaves, twigs, and small branches. However, professional or commercial-grade trimmers can have a blade gap wider than 1 inch, allowing them to take on small trees and oversize hedges.
- Batteries are one of the three primary fuel sources for power hedge trimmers, with most models using a long-lasting lithium-ion battery that can range from 20 to 80 volts. On average, a hedge trimmer battery can last for between 30 minutes and 1 hour and take between 30 minutes and 2 hours to charge fully.
Weight and Ease of Use
- Hedge trimmers can range in weight from battery-powered options that weigh only 5 pounds to heavy gas trimmers weighing more than 20 pounds.
- A few features make it easier to hold and control hedge trimmers. A padded front handle enhances comfort and gives users a better grip on the trimmer.
- Blade brakes are a feature that stops the blade as soon as the trigger is released.
- Safety switches prevent the accidental activation of the trimmer.
- Padded front handles can help reduce muscle fatigue and strain caused by vibration.
- Front handle shields prevent the user’s hand from slipping off the handle into the blade.
- Blade sheaths can keep users protected from the blades.
What is the best Ego hedge trimmer for heavy-duty projects?
Made with a powerful 56-volt battery and 24-inch dual-action blades, the EGO Power+ trimmer is the safest pick for the best power hedge trimmer. With the ability to trim 1-inch-thick branches, this tool is ideal for heavy-duty projects with an included cushion grip handle and lightweight construction.
Best Ego Hedge Trimmer Options
The EGO POWER+ Hedge Trimmer has a Hi-Efficiency Brushless Motor for longer run times and a 61cm dual-action, hardened steel blade for precise, clean cuts.
This EGO Hedge Trimmer is equipped with fully serviceable blades to make sharpening quick and easy.
It delivers 3,000 strokes per minute to get the tough jobs done faster and uses EGO’s industry-leading ARC Lithium Battery Technology.
- 610mm Dual Action Blade
- 26mm Cut Capacity with 20mm blade tooth depth
- Electric Brake
This cordless hedge trimmer with a 1-in cut capacity is one of a kind! The POWER+ hedge trimmer has a high-efficiency brushless motor which allows for longer run times and lighter weight.
It features 24-in dual-action, hardened steel blades for precise, clean cuts. The trimmer is also equipped with fully serviceable blades to make sharpening quick and easy. They deliver 3,000 strokes per minute to get the tough jobs done faster.
Compatible with all POWER+ ARC Lithium(TM) batteries to deliver Power Beyond Belief(TM). Thanks to the high-efficiency brushless motor and dual-action, hardened steel reciprocating blades, get the job done.
- 1 In. cut capacity
- High-efficiency brushless motor
- 24 In. dual-action blades
The NEW EGO Power+ Shrub Shear might be compact, but it does not compromise power. Utilizing lithium-ion battery technology, this tool is ideal for everyday garden maintenance.
The EGO Power+ Shrub Shear has two attachments included; use the shrub blade to shape and maintain smaller hedges and ornamental trees, or switch to the grass trimmer blade to tackle grass areas that mowers simply can’t reach.
Lightweight, ergonomically designed, and very precise, this tool is essential to the gardener who enjoys a pristine and immaculate finish to his garden.
- 12V 2Ah lithium-ion
- 2400 spm speed
- 20cm blade length
Designed for professionals, the EGO Power+ Commercial Hedge Trimmer EGHTX6500 is precision-engineered to tackle the toughest hedges with ease. The 65cm high-quality, dual-action, double-sided, laser-cut steel blades are laser-hardened to stay sharper for longer and have a cutting capacity of 33mm.
The motor is brushless, making it more efficient, quieter, has less vibration, and lasts longer than brushed motors.
The EGO Power+ Commercial Hedge Trimmer EGHTX6500 has a unique handle and trigger design for switching effortlessly between horizontal and vertical cutting.
- Laser-cut steel with diamond-ground edges
The EGO Power Plus Hedge Cutter EGHT5100E is as powerful as many petrol hedge cutters; the EGO Power Plus Hedge Cutter is one of the most powerful battery-operated hedge cutters on the market today.
When used with the EGO 2Ah battery, it will run for up to 50 minutes on one charge. When used with the EGO 5Ah battery, it will run for 110 minutes on one charge. With the 7.5Ah, it will run even longer
The EGO Power Plus Hedge Cutter is light, long, and powerful, making it the ideal choice for the discerning gardener who wants the convenience of a cordless hedge cutter with the performance of a petrol one.
- Rotating handle
- Cuts through branches up to 33mm thick
- Dual-action laser cut